Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Splitting the audio on my laptop for Virtual DJ, speakers and headphones separate...?

I have had the Virtual DJ 5 softwareon my computer for a while now and have only recently started using it. I've got a HP dv6000 entertainment laptop has three audio input/outputs on the front, there is:





%26gt; A mic in on the left


%26gt; A audio out in the middle which i use a cable to attach it to my hifi.


%26gt; A 'spdif' on the right??





%26gt;%26gt;the middle and right ones are linked with a headphone image inbetween them with a 1 on the left and a 2 on the right.





I want to be able to play a song through VDJ using the middle output, but que the next song through my headphones so i can align the songs better without interrupting the current song. When i plug my headphones into the right input when playing music through the middle. It switches the main music from my hifi output to my laptop speakers and nothing comes through the headphones.





I've looked through the audio options on the Virtual DJ software and chose the options letting me split the audio. But i think i need to configure the options on my computer, i've got XP and i've looked through the control panel audio options and cannot work out how to do it. Help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!Splitting the audio on my laptop for Virtual DJ, speakers and headphones separate...?
I don't have a definite answer for you, but a couple things to look at:





1. That Spdif jack is for digital audio out. I ';think'; it is probably an optical jack - so plugging a regular analog headphone jack into it won't work. You need a special optical cable called Toslink - and then you'd have to have digital headphones capable of accepting an optical plug (a lot of wireless digital headphones have a Spdif jack in their base station).





2. Even if you get digital headphones, I'm not sure that you'll be able to use both headphone jacks on your laptop simultaneously? Since they are labeled 1 and 2 maybe you can, I dunno. One way to check is to look at all the volume sliders in XP. Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds Speech and Audio, then click the Sounds and Audio devices category. This will open the Audio Properties utility. Click the tab for Volume, then click the Advanced button under Device Volume to open up the row of Volume Sliders.


Now click the Options menu, and then Properties. Put check marks next to ';all'; the options and click OK.


Now you'll have a LOT of sliders. See if there's a separate one there for your Spdif Out jack? It may be called something else, but if there's a separate slider for it then you can probably use both of your out jacks simultaneously.





3. One thing you could try if your hifi has a Spdif (digital optical) input jack, connect it to your laptop's Spdif jack (buy an optical cable at Radio Shack or online). Then plug your headphones into the analog headphone jack. See if VDJ will let you que a separate song on each one. That's the only way you'll be able to que - if your laptop supports 2 simultaneous audio outputs. Software can't simulate this.


4. Your other option is to just buy an inexpensive external mixer and use it with a 2nd audio source.


Good luck,


Donk


Splitting the audio on my laptop for Virtual DJ, speakers and headphones separate...?
Install Realtek hd audio, its to manage all your media such as speakers, headset, mic ect ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment