Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I hook up Radio Speakers To A Laptop?

Im about to get a DJ job from one of my friends who is a bartender at a bar. She wants to fire the current DJ and wants me to take his spot. She told me I needed a laptop with songs on it to hook up to the speakers they have at the bar. Im not completely lost when it comes to PC's. But Sound cards and speakers are something i've never messed with. Im wondering if I bought a laptop, what I would need and how I would go about hooking up a laptop to speakers? The speakers are about 3 foot long and a foot wide if that helps!How do I hook up Radio Speakers To A Laptop?
Well if these are small speakers, then they might have a connecter, like a headphone jack, and u would just plug that to the green audio port on your laptop.





Depending if the bar is large, the speakers should be connected to an amp, cause your laptop would not be able to send enough volume to the speakers, and it would sound horrible. Usually for a laptop, you need another device, that connects to your laptop, that connects to the amp, by the Red and White wires, audio and stereo. Its like this.


http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hercules-DJ-Control-MP3-Portable-USB-DJ-Mixer-801330-i1155673.gcHow do I hook up Radio Speakers To A Laptop?
Your best option for running your sound to external speakers will be to get a pcmcia sound card. They usually have a lot better sound quality and also have external connectors (usually one for connecting a mic and the other for connecting a set of speakers). This would allow you to connect the sound card in the laptop to an external amplifier (laptop sound is usually rather quiet) and then to the speakers at the bar.





Sound Blaster makes a pcmcia sound card and M-Audio makes usb sound card (they may have a pcmcia one but I'm not sure).
  • emo hair
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment