Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Need DJ Equipment?

I am getting married soon, and rather than hiring a DJ, I was thinking about just letting my brother do it. I need to know though, wether it is more beneficial to rent or buy the equipment. If it is only a little more to buy, I'd rather do that. Also, I need to know where I can go to get cheap equipment, and what all I will need. I have several computers as well as a laptop, (I've seen many DJ's using laptops these days). I also have a home stereo reciever, with several stes of 12'; speakers. I'm willing to spend up to $650 on a set. Please, any info will be helpful. P.S. I want to get the equipment within a reasonable time, that way I can test it out and learn how to use it before the wedding. ThanksNeed DJ Equipment?
While it's understandable you'd like to do the music part yourself, you're actually better to hire a DJ. To get a ';decent'; setup will cost you FAR more than $650 (unless you're just looking to use a home stereo set). But if you want professional, good sound equipment, you speakers alone will cost you more than $650. Not to mention a subwoofer, mixer, amplifier, the unit to send your laptop music through the mixer and all the cables to hook everything up.





I started my DJ business in 2003 and spent about $2,500 in a VERY basic setup. Since then I've upgraded my subwoofer and speakers to get better quality. And that doesn't event inlude lights.





Hope that helps and best wishes (even though it's not what I'm sure you wanted to hear)

No comments:

Post a Comment