Monday, August 16, 2010

Connecting turntables to my laptop?

I have the Numark 818 Fusion package that comes with 2 turntables %26amp; a mixer. Its a really nice set and I'm pleased with it but the only problem is that no one can seem to tell me how to connect to my computer via usb or sound cards or whatever. I'd like to use my turntables on a program I have for my laptop to produce music. I know that Numark just came out with turntables that allow you to do so but I DJ with CDs and those are for vinyl. I love my set and don't want to get rid of it so if anybody knows a way to use them on the computer without buying a whole new set, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Dell inspiron 1521 laptop with vista on it, if that helps.





Please by as specific as possible; telling me to connect it with a cord isn't the anwer I'm looking for. I need to know what kind or like exactly what to do.Connecting turntables to my laptop?
It kind of depends on what kind of output you can do on that turntable. If you can get RCA out on it (red/white) then you can find something that looks like a Y cable that'll let you connect it into a 3.5mm port like the mic port on your computer.





I personally am not an expert on the subject, but oddly enough I was watching an episode of Tekzilla that was adressing USB turntables and applications to work with Vinyl music. The host however uses an old school turntable with a pre-amp. Which he goes into a little bit of detail, and the episode page has links to more info.





http://revision3.com/tekzilla/sound/Connecting turntables to my laptop?
yeah thats how its done exactly.





red/white phono cables (plug into back of mixer)





jack plug (same size as ipod headphones) into mic input on your laptop





i do this myself..





try looking on www.htfr.com for the correct cable. should be no more than a few pound

No comments:

Post a Comment