Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Can the sound of record scratching be annoying?

Can the sound of record scratching be annoying? And if it is,then how can it be? The reason why I am asking these questions because I am an individual with Asperger's Syndrome,and when I was a child,I experienced it all. Back in 1985,when I was six,when I was in my room watching TV,I could hear my uncle scratch my mother's vinyl records on her stereo,and anytime I would hear it,it made my heart stop and stomach churn. That same thing happened when I would listen to hip-hop on the radio during the DJ shows. Every time I would hear the DJs scratching and rubbing the records,I would cry and cry. This happened between the ages of 6 and 15 years old. Now,I am 30 years old and I got used to record scratching since I have collected turntablist DJ videos when I was 19.And recently,I downloaded Virtual DJ for my laptop,and now I scratch my MP3 records like crazy! If anyone of you could tell me if record scratching sounds are annoying,please let me know.Can the sound of record scratching be annoying?
Of course it can be, especially for people with Asperger's syndrome. Many people with Asperger's syndrome have sensory issues and for many that includes being sensitive to sounds. Some sounds can be very annoying and even downright painful for people with Asperger's syndrome.





It varies between individuals which sounds bother them.In your case it was obviously the sound of record scratching. In my case it's other kinds of sounds, such as the low frequency buzz that all electric appliances make.

No comments:

Post a Comment