Wednesday, August 18, 2010

DJing question..? Really need help.?

Ok, so I'm djing for a graduation party. I've not really dj'ed before, and I don't know what all i would need to do. This is more of an equipment question...





I have a mic, amp, 2 speakers, and a small mixing board with 4 channels. I don't have turntables, just a laptop, and I have a 3.5mm male-to-male stereo cable. I just need to get the music from my laptop to play out of the speakers, nothing fancy. Please, please, please, can anyone tell me how to set all of this up and the settings to be able to make it sound good? I just need to know everything I need to do to be able to get the music out of the speakers.





Thank you so so so so much in advance.DJing question..? Really need help.?
first off, set up your gear in your basement or garage and do a test run of everything! your going to want to hook up your laptop to your preamp/mixer, to do that get a plug that connects to the ear jack from your laptop and then to your mixer. your going to want to bring up the music first to get it started to ';cue it'; up as its called. use a set of headphones to listen to the cueing. also your going to need a program to cue up your music while the other one is playing. so do an internet search for a DJ program. also, make sure you take requests and print out a list of songs for the crowd to select. that way there wont be any problems when someone asks for a song, you'll have it ready and all cued up. dont forget to announce something like, ';this goes out to ';frank'; '; or whom ever requested it. but i can stress enough to just pratice while your alone. and download the latest songs. hope this helps!


regards, jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment