Monday, August 16, 2010

Not sure how to wire my loud speakers?

Ok, so I have two B215A's by Behringer and they have one 1/4'; input, one XLR input, and one XLR link output. I plan to hook these up to my laptop so I can run my DJ software. What I originally planed was using a 1/4'; with a 1/8'; adapter from the laptop to the first speaker. Then using a XLR female to 1/4'; female adapter on the XLR link output of the first speaker and a 1/4'; cable to the 1/4'; input of the second speaker. Does anyone think this will work or should I go a different route?Not sure how to wire my loud speakers?
If you can switch the speakers' XLR's to line level, I'd try an 1/8'; to XLR out of the laptop to the first speaker, and gang the speakers XLR to XLR. Make sure all 3 devices are drawing current from the same circuit.





Can't see a real advantage or disadvantage in using both 1/8'; outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment