Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bringing in used electronics from another country?

I am a bedroom DJ and own DJ equipment. I did not bring them with me when I moved to Egypt. Can I bring the equipment (placed in a flight case and weighing 40 Kgs) via cargo on flight/ship or through FedEx/DHL without paying a BOMB :)?? Would the electronic gear be subjected to Custom duty even if it is not brand new?? If yes, how much?





I was wondering since you can carry a laptop without paying any duty at the airport, will the same apply in this instance? I'm ignorant with regards to policies applicable in Egypt. Any help or insight will be highly appreciated.





Is there a website where I can get answers to these questions in case no one has faced this dilemma.





Thanks in advance!Bringing in used electronics from another country?
you wont find a list on such goods .


a laptop is something personal , so it is different .


if you bring the DJ equipment with you , it might pass .


if you bring it via cargo , you will pay according to the mood of the officials .


it is best if the company that brings it to Egypt brings it to your address .


this can be done by paying the company fees for transportation and taxes .


or


by paying the transportation fees , then paying the taxes on delivery .


im saying this bec from my experience , it is best that you dont go yourself to the Cargo Center at the airport .


when you go , you pay more .


just stay at home , and they would bring it to you together with the tax receipt .

No comments:

Post a Comment