Monday, August 16, 2010

Help Me write my resume please!!! Easy 10 points!?

Okay, so I need help writing a resume. This IS my first time writing one so It can be a bit complicated for me. In my resume I want to include the following:





*Speaks Fluent in two languages


*Has sales experience from selling christmas trees every year in december


*Has register experience


*Has Coffee making experience (in coffee shops)


*Has amazing iMac knowledge


*Has DJ software and manual DJing knowledge


*Fun person to work with


*Still in high school 11th grade


(and a lot more stuff i can't remember.)





How would i be able to write my resume?? What do I put under profile and education?





I haven't Really worked anywhere; We own a coffee shop, bringing my coffee making knowledge (including expresso drinks). My dad has owned a christmas tree lot for the past 9 years every december. I own a DJ software on my XP laptops and I've been DJing at my cousins house for fun (he has a manual Dj system where you have to put in the CD's). I've gone to Apple's One-to-One teachings for my iMac for a whole year. I've worked on 3 kinds of registers from the stores our family owned.


I'm not an academic person so i dont have any awards besides the Academic Pentathlon a couple of years back.





Help me write my resume please :) thank you!!!!Help Me write my resume please!!! Easy 10 points!?
It's hard to show you how to set it up in this format, but I'll try to explain it the best I can.





1st, I like to put my name in Bold written with small caps in the upper left-hand corner in at least size 14 font.





2nd, list your contact information on one line in 11 or 12 font. Separate the info with a dot or square like you might see on a business card. Follow this with a _______ and press return so you have a line between your contact info and the rest of your resume.





3rd, you would normally put your Education, but I think putting your experience is better given that you're still in high school. Thus, I would write Experience in bold size 10 or 11 font with small caps. List your most recent jobs first. Make bold the name of the place you worked followed by an unbold town, state and the dates you worked there. Put at least 3 bullets under each job and list the skills used there. Use an action verb to start each bullet and place the most relevant ones at the top in which they correspond to the job you're applying. Eg, Promoted sales and public relations initiatives. This would fit under your xmas tree selling job.





If you're applying to a computer place, list all of the relevant computer program expertise you have. Use words such as working knowledge, proficient, etc. to describe your level of sophistication.





I would put a Language Skills section last and list your knowledge of each language underneath them.





Best of luck.
  • emo hair
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment