Monday, August 16, 2010

How to connect my computer to tv?

I was wondering how I could connect my laptop computer to a television for both picture and sound to be played through the television. My laptop has standard monitor ouput (15 pin connector) standard microphone and headphone jacks, and usb drives. Is there anyway that I can do this? If not what about my computer that has standard outputs you find on most computers. (Is there a card to plug into the pci slot)


I am trying to use my laptop or computer to play karaoke (mp3+g) files. I want it to show up on a tv (with component(red,white,yellow) and coaxial inputs). But at the very least I can use my laptop screen if I can find a way to get sound to my dj equipment (easiest would probably be component (red,white) cable).


OR if you know whether there is a player that will play mp3+g files so I can burn a lot of mp3+g files to cd rather than needing a lot of cds to burn cd+g files to.How to connect my computer to tv?
Its more a TV thing than a computer thing, if you have a flat screen TV you can prob do this otherwise I say, dont bother because the reolution will be so crappy you want to shoot urself in the face.





If you have a flat screen, see if it has the VGA (15pin monitor out) and u can use that, or if your tv does component ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video ) u can get a vga to to component adapter.


If you have composite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_video) i say dont bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment