Monday, August 16, 2010

How to attach my cars subwoofer to a laptop?

hey I was just wondering if anybody could help me I'm setting up a little dj system nothing special i have a couple speakers and a 900watt subwoofer with all the wires and a dell inspiron laptop and just wanted to know if there was a way to connect the sub to my laptop


thanks, caseyHow to attach my cars subwoofer to a laptop?
Nope! The laptop's final amplifier, is off a different ohm range, than a car speaker. Secondly,( And I could be wrong about this one. Technology changes everyday, and you have to keep up with it!), I don't believe there's an amp rated large enough, that attaches to a laptop, that will 'run' a 900 WATT speaker! (Especially a Subwoofer with it's large magnet, and voice coil) I do know one thing for sure, however. If you hook this speaker direct, with an adapter of some sort, it will burn out the laptops motherboard. (If you get this to work, drop me a line. Always willing to learn something new!)How to attach my cars subwoofer to a laptop?
Sure, you need a power inverter - for your amplifier(if it's a car amp), and a 3.5mm headphone to rca adapter (about $10).


http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll鈥?/a>





Hopefully you know what to do from there.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment